UPDATED MAY 1, 2018
Custom D Guitars, LLC and all of its affiliates and subsidiaries ("Custom D Guitars" or "us" or "we" or "Company") appreciate your use of and contributions to our websites, our mobile and desktop applications, our other properties or our related services (collectively known as the "Custom D Guitars Properties" or, each individually, a "Custom D Guitars Property") and we understand your concerns about privacy. So, we want you to understand what types of information we collect on this site and what may happen to that information.
Custom D Guitars, LLC
Attn: Legal Department
3 Newark Ave
Westwood, NJ 07675
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personally Identifiable Information or Personal Information or Personal Data
You are not required to provide Personally Identifiable Information, defined as information relating to an identifiable natural person, in order to visit Custom D Guitars Properties. You must, however, register and provide Personally Identifiable Information in order to access certain portions or use some or all of the features of certain Custom D Guitars Properties, receive Custom D Guitars communications, and to enter contests and other promotions.
Custom D Guitars may use content you provide us through emails, responses to polls, contests or sweepstakes or any other promotional activity. Please be advised that your submissions become the property of Custom D Guitars and may be used by Custom D Guitars for any lawful purpose, subject to applicable law. Custom D Guitars can edit, rewrite, use, and reuse the content of your submissions, including your name, likeness, photograph, and biographical information in any way and in any media whether now known or invented in the future, with or without attribution, including publication in online publications, trade media, and advertising. You agree that any content you send us will not violate any rights of any third-party and that you will only send us content for which you own the rights.
- IP AddressesYour Internet Protocol ("IP") address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university. By collecting your IP address, Custom D Guitars' server may record the referring page that linked you to the Custom D Guitars website (e.g., another website or a search engine), the pages you visit on this website, the website you visit after this website, the ads you see or click on, other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using, any search terms you have entered on this website or a referral website, and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers. Custom D Guitars may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, gather broad demographic and geographic information, and administer our website. Custom D Guitars may also link this information with your Personally Identifiable Information when Custom D Guitars feels that it is necessary to enforce compliance with its rules and policies, terms of service, or to protect its website, customers or others.
- Web BeaconsWeb beacons are Internet tools, such as transparent images on a website or in e-mails that we may send you that help us to determine, for instance, whether a page has been viewed or an e-mail opened. For example, when you ask us to send you information on a promotion or newsletter, we may use web beacons to determine how many of the e-mails we sent were actually opened. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including a banner ad, can contain a web beacon.
We participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology such as cookies to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our websites, or on other websites. You can opt-out of receiving advertising based upon your browsing behavior from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites, although to completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behavior you should also disable the cookies on your browser. One of the third parties that may track you on our websites is Google AdWords Remarketing; this is used to advertise Custom D Guitars products across the Internet. If you do not wish to participate in our AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google's Ads Preferences Manager.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Custom D Guitars uses Personal Information you share with us either:
- based on your consent;
- insofar as such processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Custom D Guitars
Sale and Customer Service: Custom D Guitars uses your information to fulfill your order and provide you with customer service.
Direct Marketing: Custom D Guitars uses your contact information for its own marketing purposes, e.g. to update you on our latest products, promotional offers and events.
If you are an existing customer and have provided your email to Custom D Guitars in the course of a commercial transaction; when you register for an account or interact with our website and services; when you communicate with us or sign up for promotional materials; when you participate in special activities, offers, or programs; when you engage with our online communities or advertising; or when you connect with us through social media with Custom D Guitars, we may use your email or social media contact information to contact you about Custom D Guitars goods and services, promotional offers and events. If you do not wish to be contacted for such marketing purposes and wish to opt out, please contact us via email at dp@customDguitars.com.
Custom D Guitars does not sell, rent or loan any of your Personally Identifiable Information to any third party.
Custom D Guitars may, however, use and share information with third-party data processors specifically engaged by Custom D Guitars in the processing of your information received via the Custom D Guitars website. Custom D Guitars may also share your information with our foreign and domestic affiliates and subsidiaries and third-party suppliers, which may require sending your Personal Information to another country outside of the EU, where national laws may provide for a data protection level that is not equivalent to EU standards.
Website Administration: Custom D Guitars will use your information to administer its site and maintain your account (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, site improvement, website security).
Custom D Guitars will use your Personally Identifiable Information only for the purpose of communicating to and with you as requested or any other purpose for which you disclose it specifically to us. If you wish for us to cease use of your Personally Identifiable Information in any way, you may contact us at any time as set forth below.
Without your consent Custom D Guitars will use any Personal Information you provide only insofar as such processing is permitted by applicable law, e.g. for the performance of a sales contract with you or where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Custom D Guitars is subject.
In addition, Custom D Guitars may use and share aggregated anonymous information that does not uniquely identify you when it enables Custom D Guitars to improve and enrich our services and website content.
Custom D Guitars reserves the right to use and share your information where such disclosure may be required by law.
- RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Custom D Guitars may share information with third parties in the following situations:
- Service Providers.Custom D Guitars may share your Personally Identifiable Information with suppliers and service providers specifically involved in the processing of your information to provide, improve, and personalize services provided by Custom D Guitars Properties.
- Custom D Guitars may share your Personally Identifiable Information with our foreign and domestic affiliates and subsidiaries provide, improve, and personalize services provided by Custom D Guitars Properties, for marketing purposes, or advertising.
- Advertising and Marketing.With advertising and marketing partners for advertising and marketing purposes on Custom D Guitars' behalf and on behalf of third parties. And with companies involved in interest-based advertising, including web, mobile app and other advertising for ads that are personalized and displayed on our sites and apps and through other channels, collectively to provide you with relevant promotional information.
- Legal Process.Custom D Guitars may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws.
- Legal Claims.Custom D Guitars may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Other situations.We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- ACCESS BY CHILDREN
This website is not intended for use by children age under age 16. No one under age 16 is allowed to provide any Personally Identifiable Information or use Custom D Guitars public discussion areas, forums and chats or participate in any contests or any other promotional activities, and Custom D Guitars does not knowingly collect or use information from children under age 16 through this website.
To subscribe to newsletters and to participate in other activities where Personal Information is divulged on this website, you must be age 16 or older. Minors under the age of 18 are required to get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before subscribing to anything on this website.
If you have actively (opt-in) registered to receive Custom D Guitars communications, you may also receive commercial email regarding upcoming Custom D Guitars promotions, products and services. If you receive Custom D Guitars' commercial email and would like to avoid receiving such email in the future, you may opt-out of receiving it by clicking on the opt-out area within that email or by clicking here. Custom D Guitars will only communicate with you according to your instructions.
Custom D Guitars limits third party access to Personally Identifiable Information collected on this website. This website has security measures in place that we believe are reasonable to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Custom D Guitars' control. While Custom D Guitars cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, Custom D Guitars uses industry standards, such as Secure Socket Layers ("SSL") technology, to help safeguard against such occurrences. In certain instances, the information passed between your browser and the Custom D Guitars system is encrypted with SSL technology to create a protected connection between you and this website to ensure confidentiality. In the event that a breach into the Custom D Guitars security systems occurs and there is a possibility that an unauthorized person acquires your Personal Information, Custom D Guitars will notify you of such a breach under applicable law.
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request from Custom D Guitars access to and rectification or erasure of the Personal Information or restriction of processing of Personal Data concerning you. You may further object to the processing of your Personal Information and request your Personal Data to be made portable to another party. If you wish to make any of these requests, please contact us using the contact information listed below.
You may access, update and correct your online account information at any time by logging into your online account and updating your information. If you wish to delete your online account, please email us at dp@customDguitars.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for only as long we need it in accordance with applicable laws.
You may address any complaints to Custom D Guitars and we will take your concern very seriously. You may further lodge a complaint to your national data protection authority in cases where you deem that appropriate.
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
This website may link to, or be linked to, other websites not maintained by or related to Custom D Guitars. Custom D Guitars is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third parties or third-party websites, including any third-party linked or linking websites. To the extent that you disclose Personally Identifiable Information to any such third parties, different rules may apply to their use and disclosure of Personal Information that you disclose to them. Custom D Guitars encourages you to review the privacy policies of such websites before disclosing your Personal Information to them.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for that third party's direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any Personal Data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If we do decide to share your Personal Data with third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this disclosure at any time by submitting a request to:
Custom D Guitars, LLC
Attn: Legal Department
3 Newark Ave
Westwood, NJ 07675
It is important to note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes or for purposes of assisting us with our own marketing. Additionally, if you are a registered user under the age of 18 and a resident of California, you may request removal of content you have posted to our website or social media accounts. Please note that making such requests does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content. For example, we may retain the information for our own internal records, and it is also possible that a third party we do not own or control may copy the posting and repost it elsewhere.
- BUSINESS TRANSFERS
- CONTACTING US
Custom D Guitars, LLC
Attn: Legal Department
3 Newark Ave
Westwood, NJ 07675
Effective Date: February 11, 2019